Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stop Watch Meditation

So far, I have been doing all of my meditating with music and headphones. The music is very helpful for controlling outside distractions, and the extra stimulation from the music helps control my mind.

I did a stop watch meditation. I put 20 mins on a stop watch and stared at the numbers while the stop watch counted down. I imagined a continuous blue light being emitted from the numbers in order to create an extra task for my mind so that it concentrates on the stop watch. Breathing is important. I breathed in and out (alternatively) each second.

The purpose of this exercise to prevent your mind from drifting off, and if your mind does drift off, come back to concentrating on the stop watch.

I would give this exercise a very helpful rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment